- Russia Lashes Out in Ukraine, Raising Question of What’s Nextby Richard Pérez-Peña, Carly Olson and Matthew Mpoke Bigg on October 7, 2022 at 1:30 am
Facing battlefield setbacks and domestic criticism, the Kremlin has escalated its war, claiming ownership of a nuclear plant and launching more attacks on Ukrainian cities.
- Ukrainian Police Say 534 Civilian Bodies Have Been Found in Recaptured Territoryby The New York Times on October 7, 2022 at 12:31 am
More than half were women and children, and most were found in a mass grave in Izium. A Russian occupation official blasted the country’s defense minister in a sign of infighting within Moscow’s ruling elite.
- U.S. Forces Kill Senior ISIS Leaders in Syria Strike and Raid, Officials Sayby Hwaida Saad, Sangar Khaleel and Eric Schmitt on October 7, 2022 at 12:18 am
A nighttime raid and a drone strike killed three men whose activities included recruiting fighters and plotting attacks, according to American and Syrian Kurdish officials.
- Major Mexican Government Hack Reveals Military Abuse and Spyingby Maria Abi-Habib on October 7, 2022 at 12:06 am
Hackers infiltrated the Mexican Defense Ministry, publishing millions of emails that detail the military’s growing influence over the civilian government.
- Biden’s Choice After OPEC Cuts: Woo Saudi Arabia, or Retaliate?by Peter Baker on October 7, 2022 at 12:00 am
The announcement by the Saudi-led OPEC Plus energy cartel that it would slash oil production was widely seen in Washington as a stab in the back of President Biden.
FactCheck.org A Project of The Annenberg Public Policy Center
- Fetterman’s Tattoos Under Scrutiny in Pennsylvania Senate Raceby Saranac Hale Spencer on October 6, 2022 at 10:34 pm
John Fetterman, Pennsylvania's lieutenant governor who is running for the U.S. Senate, has tattoos on his arms, some of which memorialize victims of violence. But conservative pundits -- including Newt Gingrich -- claim, without proof, that his tattoos suggest drug use and ties to a violent street gang. The post Fetterman’s Tattoos Under Scrutiny in Pennsylvania Senate Race appeared first on FactCheck.org.
- TV Ads Distort Tshibaka’s Position on Birth Controlby Robert Farley on October 5, 2022 at 10:33 pm
A super PAC supporting Sen. Lisa Murkowski claims in several TV ads that her top challenger, Kelly Tshibaka, "wants to ban birth control in the mail." Tshibaka has said she would ban the sale of the morning-after pill via the mail, but the ads leave the misleading impression she would ban all forms of birth control. The post TV Ads Distort Tshibaka’s Position on Birth Control appeared first on FactCheck.org.
- Biden’s Comment on Delaware’s Puerto Rican Populationby Lori Robertson on October 5, 2022 at 9:53 pm
In Puerto Rico to tour hurricane damage and recovery efforts, President Joe Biden said there was a "large Puerto Rican population in Delaware — relative to our population" and that he was "sort of raised in the Puerto Rican community at home, politically." Actually, there's something to the fact that Puerto Ricans, more so than other Spanish-speaking groups, settled in Wilmington. The post Biden’s Comment on Delaware’s Puerto Rican Population appeared first on FactCheck.org.
- American Dream Federal Actionby Eliza Keefe on October 5, 2022 at 9:25 pm
A hybrid PAC that says it supports "forward-looking" Republican candidates. The post American Dream Federal Action appeared first on FactCheck.org.
- Ad Distorts Abortion Views of Republican House Candidate from Nevadaby Brea Jones on October 4, 2022 at 9:53 pm
An ad from the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee falsely claims that Nevada Republican House candidate April Becker supports a nationwide abortion ban and "taking away a woman’s right to abortion with no exceptions." The post Ad Distorts Abortion Views of Republican House Candidate from Nevada appeared first on FactCheck.org.