- Mexico Frees a General, and Wounds Its Alliance With the U.S.on January 15, 2021 at 10:35 pm
The Biden administration will need to rebuild drug-enforcement cooperation after Mexico exonerated Gen. Salvador Cienfuegos, discounting U.S. evidence that he worked for a cartel.
- Russia to Exit Open Skies Treaty, Escalating Rivalry With U.S.by Anton Troianovski and David E. Sanger on January 15, 2021 at 9:59 pm
Washington withdrew from the treaty, which lets countries make reconnaissance flights over each other’s territory, last year. Moscow’s move could signal difficulties for the Biden administration.
- Doctors’ offices contend with a deluge of requests for the vaccine.by Giulia McDonnell Nieto del Rio on January 15, 2021 at 9:58 pm
- Hypersonic Superweapons Are a Mirage, New Analysis Saysby William J. Broad on January 15, 2021 at 9:42 pm
Two scientists find revolutionary claims about the evasion of detection and defenses to be “nonsense.”
- ‘The very health of our nation is at stake’: Biden proposes a $1.9 trillion virus package.by Jim Tankersley and Michael Crowley on January 15, 2021 at 9:40 pm
FactCheck.org A Project of The Annenberg Public Policy Center
- False Claim of Trump Invoking Insurrection Actby Angelo Fichera on January 14, 2021 at 10:51 pm
A falsehood on social media claims President Donald Trump has "invoked" the Insurrection Act, seized control of the country through the military and will "remain president indefinitely." A Defense Department spokesman told us he was not “aware of any actions" regarding the Insurrection Act. The post False Claim of Trump Invoking Insurrection Act appeared first on FactCheck.org.
- Timeline of National Guard Deployment to Capitolby Robert Farley on January 13, 2021 at 11:21 pm
On the day of the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, the first National Guard members arrived to assist at about 5:40 p.m. Here, we present a timeline about the efforts to deploy those troops. The post Timeline of National Guard Deployment to Capitol appeared first on FactCheck.org.
- Road to a Second Impeachmentby Eugene Kiely on January 12, 2021 at 11:52 pm
In the aftermath of the attack on the Capitol, the House Democrats introduced legislation to impeach President Donald Trump, charging him with “inciting violence against the Government of the United States.” Here we review Trump’s comments and actions leading up to the impeachment vote. The post Road to a Second Impeachment appeared first on FactCheck.org.
- Viral Tweet Distorts Facts on Consequences of Impeachmentby Angelo Fichera on January 12, 2021 at 11:41 pm
A viral tweet that migrated to Facebook distorts the facts on the consequences of a potential, second impeachment of President Donald Trump. Impeachment alone would not strip Trump of his pension or bar him from pursuing office in the future, as the post falsely claims. The post Viral Tweet Distorts Facts on Consequences of Impeachment appeared first on FactCheck.org.
- Fake Letter Attributed to Pelosi Generates Anger Onlineby Saranac Hale Spencer on January 12, 2021 at 5:30 pm
A digitally manipulated, phony letter referring to a "Democratic Play book" and attributed to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has been circulating online, contributing to partisan rancor following the riot at the Capitol on Jan. 6. The post Fake Letter Attributed to Pelosi Generates Anger Online appeared first on FactCheck.org.