- Myanmar Coup Highlights Autocracy's Rise in Southeast Asiaby Hannah Beech on April 13, 2021 at 4:20 am
Not long ago, democracy seemed to be surging in the region. But in Thailand, Malaysia, the Philippines and elsewhere, it is in trouble.
- Your Tuesday Briefingby Natasha Frost on April 13, 2021 at 3:39 am
England eases out of lockdown.
- Covid-19: Britain Begins to Reopen, Emerging From One of the World’s Longest Lockdownsby The New York Times on April 13, 2021 at 3:30 am
The C.D.C. director called for Michigan to shut down, rebuffing efforts by its governor to secure an extra supply of vaccine doses. New York is ending a requirement for international travelers to quarantine.
- Britain Rejoices and Asks: Are Lockdowns Finally Finished?by Marc Santora, Megan Specia and Eric Nagourney on April 13, 2021 at 2:54 am
Experience with the pandemic has taught Britons to be wary of setbacks, but as some pubs and stores reopened and the coronavirus abated, it was hard not to hope.
- After Nuclear Site Blackout, Thunder From Iran, and Silence From U.S.by Patrick Kingsley, David E. Sanger and Farnaz Fassihi on April 13, 2021 at 2:25 am
The Americans and Israelis have worked together in the past to impede Iran’s nuclear ambitions, but the U.S. denies that was the case in the latest sabotage.
FactCheck.org A Project of The Annenberg Public Policy Center
- Biden’s Missteps on Gun Policiesby Eugene Kiely on April 8, 2021 at 10:48 pm
In outlining steps his administration would take on gun regulations, President Joe Biden misstated the facts on three existing policies. The post Biden’s Missteps on Gun Policies appeared first on FactCheck.org.
- Video Doesn’t Show Buttigieg Staging Bike Rideby Angelo Fichera on April 8, 2021 at 7:57 pm
A video showing Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg departing the White House on a bike was misrepresented by conservative commentators online, with some claiming he "staged" the ride. There's no evidence for that claim, and the Department of Transportation said he traveled from the department to the White House -- a three-mile trip -- and back on bike. The post Video Doesn’t Show Buttigieg Staging Bike Ride appeared first on FactCheck.org.
- MLB All-Star Lineup: Colorado vs. Georgiaby Eugene Kiely on April 7, 2021 at 12:26 am
After pulling its All-Star game out of Georgia because of the state's new voting law, Major League Baseball picked Colorado for its summer classic -- setting off an error-filled debate over which state has more restrictive voting laws. The post MLB All-Star Lineup: Colorado vs. Georgia appeared first on FactCheck.org.
- FactChecking Claims About the Georgia Voting Lawby Lori Robertson on April 6, 2021 at 6:16 pm
A new voting law in Georgia has sparked a rebuke from Major League Baseball and political spin from both parties. We'll fact-check claims from President Joe Biden and Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp. The post FactChecking Claims About the Georgia Voting Law appeared first on FactCheck.org.
- Biden, Buttigieg Exaggerate Projected Job Gains in Infrastructure Planby Robert Farley on April 5, 2021 at 10:35 pm
President Joe Biden's infrastructure proposal, called the American Jobs Plan, is projected to add 2.7 million jobs over 10 years, according to an analysis by Moody's Analytics. The post Biden, Buttigieg Exaggerate Projected Job Gains in Infrastructure Plan appeared first on FactCheck.org.